Monday, September 29, 2008

Whirlwind Life

Have you looked at your children and noticed that their feet are touching to bottom of their high chair when a week ago they weren't even close? Or maybe your daughter will soon be walking across the stage to graduate preschool and begin a whole new world of Kindergarten. Where does the time go?

I was thinking on the events of this past week and just last Monday's events seem like they were a lifetime ago. Things have gone in rapid speed all week and don't look they they are going to slow down any time soon. My time has been filled with planning things for my children to make sure they get the most out of their little lives, but in truth the best thing for them is TIME with their parents. Sure, a trip to the cider mill or the park with the play group is fun and of course the learning and socializing is important. However, I have to stop and remember that sitting on the couch and reading a story is just as important if not more. When my daughter says that she wants to stay home and sit in her pajamas instead of going to the park, I have to realize that she needs the time to rest and just sit around with her Mama. Sometimes I get so busy being busy to enrich them and create memories that I forget the importance of doing absolutely nothing and enjoying it too. I have to remember that the dishes and laundry will be there later, but Kindergarten is coming fast and before I know it the stage she will cross will lead her from high school to college.

I want to encourage all of you Mamas to stop and enjoy your little ones. Read them an extra story before bed and give them an extra squeeze and cheek sugar. Savor these moments because they don't last forever.

No comments: